Friday, May 11, 2018

No More Sob Stories

Last night, I wrote a blog entry that was, basically, a sob story of my woes... My kid have been chronically sick with minor illnesses for about 5 months and it just got a little overwhelming to me. I don't know why. It just did. And for some reason, I felt it necessary to explain to the world why I am so frustrated with my current life situation. Then, I woke up to find out that one of my friends who had been fighting brain tumors, received her healing when she went to be with Jesus. She left behind 3 young children. Then, another close friend was in a car accident with his 4 children. He is in the hospital and in critical condition and his oldest daughter has a brain bleed and a fracture. And here I am... writing about the "troubles" I currently have... you know, the stomach bug! Of all things! The shortest sickness on the planet! And I'm complaining. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? My life is so put together compared to so many others this very evening. My children are with me and I am with them. I have had the honor of being there when my children have been sick. And I have the audacity to complain. Sometimes, I shock myself. I shock myself with my selfishness. I shock myself with my constant look inward. Take my current situation for example: I am sitting on my back deck, overlooking a beautiful ranch with my daughter playing on her phone right in front of me. It's a beautiful moment and I'll never again, take another precious moment for granted again. There is no need! No need to be so selfish! No need to focus only on the small trials I may face. I will forever, keep in mind those that would give anything to be careing for their sick children. Lord, help me! Help me be thankful! Help me be grateful for every single moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)