Tuesday, March 4, 2014

You Won't Believe This!

     And so the adventures in motherhood continue. I get everyone in bed last night, my son still running fever, meds taken and humidifier on. I was determined to get some rest so I took 2 Nyquil to help my efforts. Around 10:30, my daughter walks into our room and says her tummy hurts. You guessed it... this began another night of the stomach bug. Around 2 am, I was sitting on the end of our couch in our bed room scratching her back and wiping her face down with a cold rag and I asked her if she wanted me to start a movie on my little DVD player to try and get her mind off what was happening. She said so I went to work. Plugging it in, finding her a movie and getting it positioned just right. I turned it on and the screen said, "Loading" and what should happen next? The power goes out. Yep. So there we are. In the pitch black dark, my daughter crying, and then my son walks into our room to inform me that his fan had gone off.
   
      I tried explaining to him that we had lost power. So I leave Campbell's side long enough for me to get Carson back in bed and find a battery powered light so he would be able to see. I went and woke up my husband and told him we lost power. After assessing the situation, he realized that he was going to up in a couple hours so he would just wait until then to turn on the generator. When I got back to the room, CC had calmed down for the first time all night and I just couldn't bare to move her. So, I piled on the blankets and there we sat. She got a sick one more time and then around 4:30, we were able to finally get some sleep.

     When we woke up, the house was freezing and my husband already had a fire going and the generator on so things were turning around for sure. The day went pretty good. Carson is still so lethargic. Way more than usual so I made him a Dr appointment for in the morning. Campbell is doing great but I'm keeping her home again tomorrow to give her immune system time to recover.

     I am learning so much from this ordeal I have found myself in. I have learned that I was not as spiritually prepared for all that has transpired. I learned that motherhood is constantly listening to Holy Spirit and obeying that still small voice. I have learned how precious sleep is! The biggest lesson I have learned is that no one will ever care how much you sacrifice as much as you do. The reason they won't care is because there is only a select group of people in the world who understand the act of selflessness true motherhood is.

     There are lots of mothers who don't sacrifice to be a good mother. But if you want to be a great mom, you will learn to literally lay down your every desire, for the good of your children. It's difficult because after a weekend like I have had, I want a parade in my honor. I want banners that say, "Keep up the good work". I want balloons and confetti. I want flowers and red carpets. When the truth is, when it comes right down to it, I'm just doing my job. I'm doing what I'm called to do. There are not flowers or parades. There is no confetti or congratulations.

The praise will come when I meet the Father face to face and He tells me that I did good with my children.
The thanks will come when I get a call from my daughter telling me she just had that kind of a night with her daughter and she remembered what I had done for her and that is how she knew what to do. (Which was much of my phone call to my mom this morning).
Even though I'm tired and at  the end of my rope and can't see the end at this moment, I know that one day, when I have kids that love me and love the Lord, that all of these sacrifices that I make will prove to be worth it.
 
 
     No matter what mother issues you seem to be drowning in at the moment... I don't know when, but some day, it will prove to be worth it. I just has too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)