Monday, March 10, 2014

Day 0

     Well, I'm at it again. For those of you who have followed my quest for health over the past 2 years, you already know that I am constantly re-evaluating my lifestyle. I always want to improve and get better and learn more. Whereas loosing weight would be just be lovely, the ultimate goal is overall health. I owe it to my kids and husband to do my best to stay healthy the longest I can. This brings me to... well... tonight.

     For the past couple of months I have been fighting nausea. It happens mostly at night. Around 5 until I fall asleep. I have been through a bottle of charcoal pills and Emotrol and all sorts of stuff trying to get it to subside. Finally, this a past weekend, I reached a tiny breaking point. It was starting in the morning and lasting all day. So, I told my husband about it. He told me to Google it and I did. The first thing that came up was issue with the gallbladder. That made sense to a lot of people who I mentioned it to so I thought I would start with a call to my Dr and a possible gallbladder cleanse. First thing this morning, I called my Dr and the first available appointment was April 1st. Awesome. So I called my mom and told her when I could get all of this checked out. She then began to ask  me about my vitamin regiment. I confessed that I was actually taking quite a few. All sorts of them actually. She told me that at one point, she had a little trouble with her stomach and someone had told her to get off all her pills for a while and her stomach fell back into line. So, that is what I did. I didn't take anything except the prescription ones today. This got me thinking. If my body was, in fact, on pill overload, maybe I needed to clean it all out and start over.

     Over the past 2 years, (this month, actually), I became a Vegan, then reintroduced meat and dairy, then took it back out of my diet again. I have gotten on and off processed carbs and a slew of other things that I have tried in order to propel me in my health quest. My sister said she felt like a juice cleanse would be a good idea just to, if nothing else, give my body a break from... well... myself! So, I got busy. Looking online for cleanses. Not just any cleanse, I wanted a cleanse with minimum pill intake. The point was to flush out all the garbage and kick start everything all over again. After a little bit of research, I found one. I called my sister and told her about it (because we always extend each other that courtesy), she jumped on board without me even having to talk her into it!

     So, I went to the store tonight and bought all the stuff we need to begin our 3 day juice cleanse tomorrow morning. I am under no premonition that this will be easy. I love food! Love it! I love to eat! (Hence the majority of my problems). I know this is going to take dedication and more effort than I have ever put into anything, however, that being said, I know this is the right step for me. I have decided that I will be blogging my daily efforts so you can keep up with how it's going.

     When this is over, I fully plan on resuming Weight Watchers. I have lost 9 pounds since January 1st. Although that puts my weight loss at the slow end of what they say will happen, at least it is happening and for that, I'm thankful! I am also going to take a look at my choice to be Vegan. Whereas it is never an option for me have dairy again, I am planning on adding a little lean chicken and possibly some turkey into my diet. Not a lot and I'm not 100% sold on that just yet. Still no red meat or pork. This month makes 2 years of my life altering decision to be sold out to health and it is good time to pause and re-evaluate.

     I do want to apoplogize, in advance, if I seem unusually irritable tomorrow or Wednesday. I am going to try to keep it together but I must say, I'm nervous and anxious. I will be so glad when Fri comes and I can say that I did it! So, until tomorrow... here's to health!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)