Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Day 2

     Here I am... over the halfway point. I never realized how long 3 days actually was until it was 3 days without food! I woke up this morning feeling really good. The morning drink is my favorite so I was able to enjoy every sip. Then... listen to this... I met my Aunt in town for lunch! Yes I did! At one of my very very favorite places to eat, ever! However, she ordered her food and I ordered water and I sat there, drinking my water, watching her eat! WOW! I can honestly say that I'm not sure I have ever had discipline like that before, in my life! But I did it. I was enjoying the day and really doing just fine until the dreaded 3:00 hour came. Then 4:00... Not fun. I was so hungry. I cannot describe to you the hunger. What made it worse? I made BLT's for my family tonight. We have BLT's every Wednesday night of course I always skip the traditional bacon and opt for my own however, it's still BLT night! Who doesn't like a good BLT? But, I served my family then whipped up my drink and sat there around the bar sipping on my purple colored liquid while my family enjoyed their meal.

     I did feel really good today and I'm pretty sure this is helping me break through the 10 lb mark on the WW diet. I have been since Jan 1st trying to reach 10lb weight loss. So, I am really hoping that when I weigh tomorrow night or Fri morning, it will show that and I will be on a good track to continued health success.

     I can say, which much confidence, that I am going to add Turkey and Chicken back into my diet. So, I'm not sure if I'm actually considered Vegan now and that's ok. Still no dairy, at all, no red meat or pork (in any of it's forms). The occasional fish, lean turkey and chicken with a diet consisting mostly of fruits and veggies. I'm so thankful that I'm able to change. I'm thankful that I'm able to grow. In everything that I do, I want to be the best at it. The best wife, mom, homemaker, teacher, camp director, co-worker, sister, daughter and friend. The only way that is done is constantly evaluate my current way of doing things and find out if they are the best. That's why we go to marriage seminars, parenting seminars, why I read health books, because information is always changing and there is always someone out there who does it better. With any luck, I will find that person and find out how they live and do that!

     I am discovering a lot about myself during this time. You know, since I'm not eating, I have a ton of time to self evaluate! I will talk more about that tomorrow night. But for now, I plan on sleeping really well and being very proud of the choices I made today. I pray that where you find yourself also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)