Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 1

     Here I sit, at the foot of my bed, having completed Day 1 of this 3 day cleanse. By far, the best part of the day was the Epsom Salt/Lavender bath I just took! The premise of this cleanse is 4 drinks a day for 3 days. It's basically juicing but done with a blender. I must say, the breakfast drink was not that bad. It was pretty tasty and I actually finished all of it. I cannot say the same for the lunch and dinner. Even still, I did it.
 
   The hardest part of the day was around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Which, isn't that the hardest part of the day for everyone? I mean, seriously. Regardless of whether or not I'm on a cleanse, around that time every single day, I want nothing more than to sit down and polish off and entire bag of chips! Right? Another very difficult thing for me to handle was the fact that drinks are sweet. In order to mask the cup of spinach, kale, cucumber and celery, they have to throw in a raspberry or two so every drink had a sweet flavor. Unfortunately for me, I am not a sweets person. I am salty person. Which no component of this cleanse is.  Not one drink calls for salt! Moving forward, I can see that being my biggest hurdle. I do feel a little tired but I don't have a horrible headache or nausea. I'm just still waiting for it all to do it's job, I guess.
    
     I did get outside and play with my son today. We rode bikes and went for a walk. We drew on the road with sidewalk chalk. We drove around on the golf cart and after I cleaned up from dinner, I went for a walk. I did not want to just sit inside thinking about how hungry I was.

    
     Anyway, I did survive it and now I only have 2 more days to go through. I am believing that this will end up doing what I need it to do. I want a reset in my system and a clean slate to start over on. I am looking forward to good night sleep and then another day tomorrow. I am going to try and keep myself busier than I did today. So, who knows, maybe tomorrow night post will be even better. Allow me to bottom line this for you:
I am starving
I am craving salting stuff
I am not happy I'm doing this
I do not have boundless energy

     In 2 more days, I pray all of that changes! Good luck to you in whatever you are endeavoring to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)