Thursday, March 13, 2014

Day 3 - It's Over

     So, here is sit, 3 days later and it's over. I did it. My first cleanse. I am not sure how much weight I lost total but when I stepped on the scale this morning, I was at 5. Bringing my total weight loss since Jan to 12lbs. Not too bad. I am cleansed and ready to start all over with a renewed vision for my health.

     I am not going to lie, it was hard. I have a food addiction problem so this was really really hard for me. This after noon, around 3, I had a handful of pretzels and little hummus and then tonight, after my last drink was done, I had about a half a cup of pasta salad. It's true, I celebrated a little too early but I followed it with 30 minutes of cardio so surely that counts for something!

     I am so proud of myself for completing this and upset that I didn't do it perfectly for the entire 3 days. I can say that my cleansing days are not over. I was encouraged to do this cleanse once a month however, I know I don't have that in me nor do I want to attempt it. I can probably make it a once a year thing though.

     It seems like March is the month I re-evaluate my health and make necessary changes. 2 years ago, in March, I made the choice to become Vegan for a year. I did. After 1 year, I made the choice to add meat back into my diet. That was a huge mistake. I did not tolerate red meat very well and I knew better for my cholesterol issues. So, I went back off meat. Now, this March, I did a cleanse and have been introduced to the world of juicing. Some might look at my choices over the past 2 years and wonder why I can't seem to stick with anything. I have a much different argument. I always want to keep getting better. I want to keep improving my life. In every single way. The woman I want to be, exists. Somewhere, she is out there. She doesn't have a look but she has an attitude. She is confident, healthy, makes wise choices for her and her family, is good to her body and does what she needs to stay that way.

     It is with that knowledge that I relinquish the title of Vegan. The only title I want to have is healthy. I am adding chicken and turkey to help with my protein intake and am going to continue juicing. I realized how many fruits and veggies I am not actually eating! It's amazing! Perhaps once a month I might have a day where I juice all day and forego actually chewing food but that is not a promise I'm making to myself.

     I want to thank all of my reader who continue to follow me through all of these health changes I make. It is my constant prayer that whatever battles you are facing, that you find yourself always trying to be the best you can be and never being afraid of changing to do so.

     To the conclusion of this journey and to the start of so many more... I bid you... Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)