Sunday, March 2, 2014

Being a Mom is Tough

     Well, its been a very tough mommy weekend. Except for a few hours on Friday morning, Mike has been gone for 7 days now. After the week with just me and the kids, I was in desperate need of some time away. So I got a babysitter and a friend and we were set to spend all Sat afternoon out. Well, Carson got the stomach bug and was sick from 7:40 Fri night until 4:20 Sat morning. It was a very long, heartbreaking night.
     Then, I had to cancel the babysitter and the friend and stay home doing loads of laundry, lysoling the house, sweeping, mopping and vacuuming, etc... Because I wasn't planning on not being able to go the grocery store, I had no food in the house. My daughter kept asking me for food last night and I had nothing to give her. My mom was gone with friends, my sister was out with her family and so I sat, crying in the chair of guest room. Overwhelmed and exhausted.
 
     You know that place in motherhood you come to when you are spent? You are literally all empty. Well, that's where I was. But, because I'm a mom, I had to do my job. So, I got up, washed my face, got the kids out of the bath and managed to find something to feed CC. Put the kids to bed and begged God for mercy. CC ended up in bed with me because she couldn't sleep and needed to some mommy time and Carson came in the room at 1:30 with what I thought was fever. The thermometer didn't say he had any but I gave him Advil anyway and treated him with oils. We all woke up better this morning. Carson has a bad cough and I can't give him meds because he still hasn't eaten anything. I feel better and CC is doing great. We are watching movies and my grandmother is going to the grocery store for me. I have always said that I'm going to write a book entitled,"What no one tells you when you're pregnant". This weekend would be in it!
    
     Motherhood is tough. Its heartbreaking and its the most unselfish thing you will ever do. You will wash sheets you've just finished washing, sweep floors you just finished sweeping, throw away food they didn't eat even when they said they were hungry and somehow, in the midst of all of it, make the right choices, have clear thoughts and have the strength to continue on. Most of all, these moments in motherhood will cause you to rely on the Lord like never before. You will learn to draw strength from Him because there is no other source. For me, these moments remind me of a saying that my mom has always said to me, "This too, shall pass". Man Alive! Am I glad they do!
 
     To motherhood... To all the moms having the same kind of weekend I am... It will be over soon. You are not alone. Neither am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)