Saturday, June 1, 2013

There is No Place Like Home

     Well, it has come to my attention that I haven't posted in a while. I do apologize for this. I like posting in my blog. It is therapeutic. A fact which I have stated many times before. The reason is because my sister and I took a trip to Vegas for my birthday! It was amazing! Really amazing!.

 
 
Because most of the pictures we took are of the tops of our heads and whatever the scenery happened to be behind us, I filtered through and found the ones that I care to document. I think it is noteworthy to say that over half of our pictures were of the food! It was amazing!

 
The best part? Nether of us was on a diet! We just flat purposed in our hearts that we were going to enjoy every single moment of the trip and that included the food we ate! And boy did we ever!  The above picture is us at the Venetian Hotel the night we got there. We were, of course, starving! So we went there to have amazing Mexican food. The restaurant happened to be on the canal so we were serenaded by lovely men and women driving the Gondolas.

 
The day of my birthday, my husband had 2 dozen roses sent to our room. It was such a surprise and they were so beautiful! Of course, it tormented me that I wasn't going to be able to take them home. So, I them embarked on an adventure to get those things home. I made it home with half of them. They are now sitting happily on the end table of our living room! Anything is possible!
 
The night of my birthday, we went to have dinner at the Top of the World restaurant in the Stratosphere hotel. OK. It was way over the top. I cost a freaking fortune but it was way worth it! The food was amazing but the dessert was well worth the price! And the view wasn't bad either. We saw 360 degrees around the Vegas landscape from the highest point in the city. The desert is so different than Arkansas!

 
Of course we couldn't leave Vegas without a trip or two to the fountains at the Bellagio. What would Vegas be without that, right?
 
It was an amazing trip and I took 207 pictures. Which, if you know me you aren't surprised in the slightest! So, there are many more to see, however, I just simply So don't have time to post them all. So here is the breakdown: I went to Vegas with my sister, we had amazing food, spent an afternoon at the Spa, saw Shania Twain and O, went shopping, laid by a beautiful pool, dressed up and had a blast!
 
Now, camp! Staff training started today. It will be 2 months before I look like a pretty woman again. The next post I write, will be written from sweat drenched hands, my hair will be so wet it will look like I've just stepped out of the shower, I will most likely be sleep deprived and I will be loving every single minute of it.
 
I love the moments of life that allow me to dress up, be free, eat what I want, do what I want but.  there is something to be said for the consistency of my little family, being a wife to my husband and a mother to my children, being a camp director, having a great church, having amazing friends and one thing I do know beyond a shadow of a doubt: I love travelling, seeing new places, being refreshed, making new memories, vacations with people I love but at the end of the day,,,
 
There is No Place Like Home!
I hope you feel the same way.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)