Tuesday, June 11, 2013

It's Camp Time Again!

     There are so many times of the year that are my favorite and all for many different reasons. I love the fall because it's when we got married, the leaves sweep across the road in true movie fashion, the scent of Pumpkin Pie Candles are burning in every house I walk into. I love Christmas because... well... it's Christmas. My house is so beautiful and my mom's house is like something one would see out of a Southern Living magazine, the smell of the Home Sweet Home candle burning in her kitchen (we are big Yankee candle fans), the ranch all covered in fluffy white snow is more amazing than words can say. I love spring because after the snow melts, the rains come and make the ranch so green. I love it when the hay is sitting in big round bales all over the pasture. There are wildflowers popping up everywhere, it's just breathtaking. Then there is summer! The weather is somewhat less pleasant. I look horrid is summer clothes, I'm always dripping with sweat... literally, dripping. I sweat from the top of my head so for a solid 3 months, I always look like I've just gotten out of the shower, minus the pleasing aroma of shampoo and Oil of Olay body wash!
   
      There is one redeeming quality about summer... Camp Time! I just love it! I love these kids being everywhere. I love seeing them have a great time, overcoming fears, witnessing there successes, watching them witness the love of Christ. I love council ring, the morning devos leaders and their mini dramas, the wagon rides and hoe down. I love carnival night and the shaving cream hair do's. It is just a time that can't be beat. What makes this summer even better? My kids are loving it! Carson keeps asking me if we can go to the Vilion...aka, Pavilion. Campbell told the kids about the barn activity last night. It was so precious! This past weekend, I walked in my back door and just about tripped over the line of boys laundry lined up. I just love it!
  
      Just today, I got to be there when a girl hit the target in Archery for the first time, sing a requested song at council ring from a camper, find out the favorite colors and foods of about 15 kids in Go Carts, watch a JC and SC swim in a boat from the middle of Big Lake, see 2 dramas and 2 cheerleadings and all because this is my job! What a life!

     Today, it is my prayer that you are truly enjoying your life. What a shame to be living a life that you do not love. To be going through the daily motions of life but not sure why or what you are working for. So many people are caught in the middle of a life that they do not love. I can't imagine and I pray that isn't you.

So, from our wagons to your kitchen, from our hoe down field to your backyard, from our vesper benches to your quiet time chair, have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh this makes me miss camp so much! I love hearing that things are going well at the ranch.

    ReplyDelete

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)