Friday, May 24, 2013

Summer of Peace

     Well, it has come to my attention that I haven't blogged in a while. I apologize for that. Things have been a little busy. My friend and I embarked on another 2 week challenge to loose 4 lbs. That ended up not working for either of us! Not because we didn't try but I am realzing the more and more I try to invest in myself, the more motherhood gets in the way. Which, I wouldn't have it any other way. She happens to be a mother also and her kids were busy with kid stuff that week also. So, we decided to take the weight loss goal back down to just a pound. This, we both accomplished. So, as of right now, I am 8 lbs down from 4 weeks ago.... or was it 3? Can't really remember. Anyway, I need to finish out this week, wait! It's Friday. This week is finished out... Hummmmm.... Well, after this, camp starts and my life totally flips upside down! So, during the summer, all bets are off! I will still try hard but I can't set goals during the summer. I have 2 goals during the summer: 1) To find a way to make my children feel like they are still #1 in my life 2) To show every camper and every staff member the love of Christ and the peace that can come when in His presence.

     Those 2 goals are my focus and really, nothing else matters. I think that there are times and seasons in everyone's life where goals change. The season of life requires it to change. People get into trouble when they don't change goals with the seasons of their life. Just because my season of life changes every summer and every fall doesn't mean that my health is going to fall off the deep end. It just means that I am reprioritizing. I am thankful for the times of the year when I get to reprioritize. It keeps me from being bored.

     I also think that people tend to have harder lives than necessary because they don't ever reprioritize their life. It causes people to become stressed, worried and peaceless. Not even sure if that's a word but I like it! If your peace is always being stolen, one reason may be because you are putting the emphasis of your life on the wrong thing for the season of life you are in.
When we first had children, we couldn't save money because we were paying for formula, diapers, baby food, doctors visits, shots, clothes, burp cloths, etc... There was a great opportunity for peace to be stolen because we couldn't save a nickel during those months. We just reprioritized. Raising babies was the focus. Then, the pressure of that goal was lifted. Now, the seasons of life are different. So, again, things are changed.

     This keeps stress down and peace overflowing....

So, here's to a summer of peace! Hope you enjoy it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)