Monday, May 6, 2013

End of 2 Week Challenge

     Well, today was the day. The weigh in. For the past 8 months I have been in a slump of maintaining my weight and in fact, putting some of what I lost, back on. Fun Times. Anyway, the goal of these past 2 weeks was to work harder than I ever have, do more exercise, lots more cardio, break out the P90X and see where that lead me. Could it be true that I just wasn't working hard enough? The Answer? Um Yes! It was true. I write this blog tonight, 7 lbs lighter than the first blog of this 2 week journey! Woo Hoo. So, nothing is wrong with my Thyroid. It really is that I just wasn't doing enough... Who Knew? That makes me upset because I thought I was doing so good because it was so different than the absolutely nothing that I was doing before. Still, it wasn't enough to keep progressing.

     What a lesson. With every victory we have, comes the mandate to not only continue on but continue to improve. Doing something was better than the nothing but not as good as the more I'm doing now!

     Sometimes, the little that we do to trick ourselves into thinking that we are doing enough, is not, in fact pushing us past the problem, but rather prolonging our misery in it. I was doing something, but it was small and all it was doing was convincing me that I was doing something. In reality, the something I was doing was keeping my existence in my misery. In order to move past whatever state we may find ourselves in, it takes work. It takes sacrifice. It takes saying "no" when your mind is saying "yes". It takes doing the whole hour long cardio video and not 15 minutes of Pilates. Doing more work to get better results is not natural for our state of humanity. We want results to come out of what we are already doing. It just doesn't work like that. If you want something different, then you have to do something different.

     Say no to that piece of cake. Throw those chips in the garbage. Date your spouse. Play with your children. Save more than you spend. Hold your tongue. Get out of bed when you want to sleep in. Do those dishes. Wash those clothes. Put down that coke. Drink water. Eat veggies. Ask them not to bring the chips and salsa. Order it grilled and not fried.

     Or not. It's up to you. Just like, it's up to me. Another 2 week challenge faces me tonight. 4 lbs in 2 weeks... Let's see if I have it in me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)