Sunday, May 5, 2013

Ooops I did it again...

   Oops I did again! Yes. I ate cheese in a burrito... 2 days later, I'm at the Dr. Sinus Infection and the worst throat infection I've ever experienced. I have had to eat soup for 3 meals today because nothing else could make it down my throat without feeling like I was swallowing the knife drawer. Ran fever, body aches... This is unreal. They seem to be getting worse. Everytime I have gotten sick in past 5 months (3 times) it has been because of eating dairy. I can tell you the meal that made me sick. I will get it into my head and more importantly, I will develop the discipline I need to overcome this. That's all it is, lack of discipline. What is more frustrating? I am an extremely disciplined person. O well. At one point in all our lives, we will pay for the choices of food that we put in our mouths. We will either pay for the choices of fried food and red meat with bypasses and open heart surgery or we will pay for eating dairy with a sinus infection from hell and a throat infection that feels like that's where it came from! OR, we will pay for our salads, fish, vinaigrette dressings, grilled options, vegetables and a disciplined exercise lifestyle with a long and healthy life...

    Which leads me to my next subject. My friends and I have our 2 week weigh in tomorrow morning. In case you are new to this blog, let me briefly catch you up: I have been in a weight slump for about 8 months. Couldn't loose and slowly but steadly gaining. Healthy as all get out but still heavy enough to be put on cholesterol medicine. So, it has become my mission to get myself off of this medicine. I am 32, almost 33 in 3 weeks and I am way to young to be starting medicine that I have take for the rest of my life. My Dr thinks it's because of my weight. So, I read a magazine that had an article from a country music singer named Trisha Yearwood. I am a big Trisha fan which is what drove me to the article in the first place. She lost 30 lbs and said somewhere in the article that she finally realized that she wasn't trying hard enough to loose weight. A light bulb went on! "Me either", I thought to my self. So, 2 weeks ago, 2 friends and I joined together to go on challenge. 2 weeks is all we wanted to start with because it was a short enough goal to keep us motivated and long enough to see some results. We made a deal and we would try to loose 5 lbs. Tomorrow at 8:45 is the weigh in. Moment of truth... if we all made it, then we get to go buy ourselves a new work out outfit. If we all didn't make it, then no outfit. It has kept us all motivated because none of us want to be the one that keeps the others from getting a new outfit. I guess tomorrows blog will be the one to read. The answer to the big question:

     Was I really just not working hard enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)