Saturday, April 27, 2013

If you are going to eat French Fries then by all means, Enjoy It!

     Alright, I know I skipped a day but this weekend has been a little busy. Don't worry, I haven't fallen off the wagon but for those of you who don't know, my grandfather has not been feeling well as of late.  About a year ago, he had a major heart episode and ever since then, he just hasn't been himself. Yesterday, he was feeling a little weak so he was sent to the hospital to get it checked out. Well, as our lives go, my grandmother was started a seminar where she had 450 women registered and my dad was out of town, so I was in the game. My family was also packed up to go on a camper trip as well. So, my kids and husband head to the woods with our 5th wheel in tow and I head to the hospital behind the ambulance.

     As it turned out, Pop just had some imbalances in his electrolytes and after some insulin and some fluids, we were able to go home. So, I got him back home and then headed to the camp site to meet my family. Well, I hadn't eaten all day long so I drove through and got a Ruben Sandwich and yes I did, some french fries. I didn't go over my calorie count because I hadn't had the chance to eat really anything because of the events of the day that had unfolded however, I do know that french fries is far from healthy. Yesterday's lesson was a good one: Sometimes life makes you need to eat french fries and if you are going to eat them, then by all means, enjoy every bite!

     I did meet up with my family and we have had a splendid weekend in our camper which I love so very much. Campbell caught her first fish, we made smores over an open fire, my kids have played non stop with each other and Mike and I have been able to watch 2 uninterrupted movies! This is a miracle in and of itself. We don't get great cell phone reception up here so our phones have been pretty quiet which is a very nice change of pace.

     I did start my day with my bowl of oatmeal, had my soup and salad for lunch and finished it off at Cracker Barrel with some grilled chicken, lima beans, green beans and a small bowl of vegetable soup. It was a great day! I didn't get any exercise in but I'm still recovering from last week to tell you the truth. Life is so busy and we are always pulled in 100 different directions, being together in our camper forces us to slow down. If we aren't forced to slow down, then sometimes we just don't. I know that these times of rest are just as important to my health as eating right and exercising. So, this weekend, I have spent time recharging my batteries and getting fueled up to tackle week #2 of this 2 week challenge.

     As always, it is my prayer that you find the time to gain the strength to continue in whatever it is that you need to continue in. No matter how you deviate from your goals, enjoy the ride. From all of us in the sticks to wherever you find yourself this evening: Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)