Sunday, April 21, 2013

Insanity

     Insanity, by definition, is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Unfortunately, this is where I have found myself and where I begin this blog...

     For the past several months I have been doing the same work out videos, eating the same number of calories and have not seen any results. Over the past year, I have gone from a very curvy size 22 to a slightly curvy 16. (My goal is be just plain curvy!) There I have stayed... at slightly curvy. The thought dawned on my today, that I was doing the EXACT same thing and expecting different results. I was a Vegan for a year and did the same exercise videos and some of the inches came off but with those results, I didn't up my work outs. I have stayed the same. Doing the same thing, the same videos, eating the same things every single day and expecting something different to happen... therefore, I have been insane!

     This changes, now. I need different results. For my health, for my peace of mind, for my longevity, for my kids, for my husband, I need different results. So, here we go. A couple of my friends and I are starting a Biggest Loser. Small time frames, upping the workouts, cutting out some more unhealthy foods and rewards for our efforts. For example, tomorrow morning, I begin my first 2 week challenge. I am starting the P90X videos again. Mike and I did these a couple of years ago and enjoyed them the same way one may enjoy a colonoscopy. However, we both saw results. Now, neither one of us looked like we were ready to shoot an infomercial for them but still, it was clear that the video produced for us. So, I'm pulling it out from behind the entertainment center where it has been wedged against the wall collecting dust for the past couple of years, dusting it off and giving it my best. I'm not actually sure how many minutes I will be able to make it before I collapse but I'm ready for the change. So here is the game plan: We will do as much of the P90X videos as we can 3 days a week then exercise on our own the other 2 days and will stick to a 1200 calorie diet. We are going to weigh tomorrow morning then again in 2 weeks. Our first reward for losing the first 5 lbs is going to be a new work out outfit. Both of us need one and this will be a great incentive to work hard.

     So, there it is. My plan to get out of insanity. Who knows if this is the avenue I need to be taking but it's the one I'm going to travel next. The thing I am most proud of is that I haven't given up. I don't know if this is the path that will lead to change but at least I am doing what I can to bring change in my life. I want what I'm doing to be enough. Just like I want a juicy burger to be good for my heart. What I'm doing isn't enough and a juicy burger won't ever be good for my heart. Some things just aren't because they simply aren't. I think it has become painfully obvious that I'm not doing enough to bring about the change I am looking for to happen. So, I must do something different.

     Who knows if this will work... One thing you can know for sure, I will keep you posted

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)