Friday, December 14, 2012

Things I don't Understand...

     I understand how complex this title is. There are so many things I do not understand but today, I think, I have found the one that has topped the list. I came home from my day at work ready to write a blog about the Christmas Play that I am currently involved in. I was fireing up my computer when a single phone call changed my afternoon. "Hello", I said, the way I normally answer the phone. It was my sister. She then proceeded to ask me if I had heard about the elementary shooting in CT. I simply said, "No".
     I then made a huge mistake. I turned on the TV. Immediately, I was bombarded with photographs of parents frantically looking for their chilren, mom's hugging their daughters, daddy's holding their sons... the pic that got me the most was one of a mom in a white T-Shirt, holding the phone to her ear. Her mouth was open like she was saying something, there were tears in her eyes and she was grasping her heart. There, right there, I lost it.
     I wish I knew if that Mom's baby was alive tonight. O how I pray he or she is! I cannot imagine the pain those parents must be feeling. This morning, they probably made breakfast, told their kids to grab their backpacks, bundled them up and kissed them goodbye, not even thinking that it would be for the last time. How could this have happened? What makes someone so deceived that they would walk into an elementary school and kill all of those children? I am bombarded with emotion. I am so angry at that man, I am hurting for those parents and I am so happy for those parents whose children survived.
     Tonight, CMA will be performing the last night of the Christmas Play. I wrote and directed it and we have all been working so hard for several weeks on perfecting this. The gym will be full of parents who get the privaledge of enjoying their children tonight. We will be talking about Christmas and watching each child as they reveal their talent. The only saving grace is that tonight, we will be telling the real meaning of Christmas. JESUS! With all the pain, with all the suffering, with all the questions that have left to be answered, there is still Jesus. He still came, he still provided peace for the taking, He still provided an entrance into Heaven for anyone who would accept Him. I can't go to CT, I can't bring food to all those families, I can't try to witness to that man who did this horrible thing, but tonight, I can tell everyone who comes about Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)