Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Hold my calls while I potty train...

     It's ben a while since I have updated you on the status of my potty training adventure with my son. As previously stated, potty training is one of the reason's I almost didn't procreate another child after my daughter. It's misery! Any mother who has potty trained understands the issues that come with it. Anyway, I was NOT looking forward to it. However, it really hasn't been that bad. I started by telling my son, "Carson, before you get in the bath, go potty." He responded..."I don't want to". I said, "Don't say that." Carson replied, "Ok." Then he got on the potty and went. After taking him to the potty every 15 minutes for 2 days, we were on a roll! Today, marks 5 weeks since I have changed a diaper.

     That's rigtht! 5 weeks!!! I have said goodbye to the baby food, I have waived so long to the awake all night. I have seen the crying for no reason in the rear view mirror.... and now... diapers! They have been left in a cloud of lovely dust! Dust never looked so good!

     However, in the past few days, Carson has started reverting just a little bit. We have started to have accidents. So, I started setting my alarm and taking him every 20 minutes again, just to jolt his mind back to what we are doing now. I think, he gets so busy with whatever it is he is doing that he doesn't want to stop and go to the bathroom...

     Along those lines... we were at my parents house a couple nights ago and had my trusty alarm going off to remind me to take Carson to the potty. Well, we were decorating for Christmas, eating chili, there were all 10 of us up there plus a couple other girls that have been adopted into our crazy family. Side note: When all 4 for the children get together, the volume at which they play is at ear drum busting levels. Seriously. I love the sound of kids playing but within reason! I mean come on! There is nothing more beautiful that the laughter of children, when it is at the appropriate time, within a small time frame and at normal human tones. Anyway, I could hardly hear my alarm going off every 20 minutes but somehow, I managed to make out the faint sound of the notification and potty time it was. (Most people have reminders on their phones for facials, massages, business appointments, conference calls...mothers? What do mothers set their alarms for? POTTY TIME!!!!). OK.... back on point: I silenced the alarm, not that it made a difference. No one else could hear it above the noise, and went looking for my son. "Carson," I yelled out. I heard a VERY faint, "What Mommy?" Hummm...it was a muted voice... where could he be? I called again and received the same response. Located! He was under the stairs in the blanket closet. Ok. Great. I opened the door and said, "Hey bud, let's go potty." He looked at me with a plastic phone in his hand held against his cheek and said, "I can't, I'm on the phone."

     There is was... I had heard it! The BEST answer ever! I just said, "Ok." and shut the door. I had nothing. Nothing. I walked into the kitchen, repeated the story to my mother and said, "I'm going to blog about this." I can't potty train right now, I'm on a call! I love the things that kids say. I love it when they catch me off gaurd. I love hearing the unexpected come out of their mouths. Everytime they say something like that... it makes me more and more thankful that I am their mother. I mean, come on! How cute is that?

     I hope that your days are full of the unexpected. I pray that your life is full of things that makes you smile, makes you glad you were in that moment, thankful that you were there to witness what just happened... In other words... I pray that every day, you have a "Hold my calls while I potty train", kind of moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)