Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas to All

     Well, this has been a very busy past couple of days... Ok weeks! Come to think of it, our life is pretty busy! We had the Christmas play, Christmas parties, church, family dinners, last minute shopping, keeping the house clean, the laundry done, dishes washed, etc... The usual for around here! It's amazing how busy life is, how fast the year seems to go by. It was just a few days ago that we were here, opening presents and celebrating Christmas. In the blink of an eye, we are here again.
     I am sitting my living room surrounded by gifts, boxes, bows, ribbons, toys and a drum set being played so loudly that I cannot hear myself think. We have Christmas in the McMillan home on Christmas Eve morning. I was in the car, just last night, driving to a family Christmas get together when I remembered that we didn't get one of Carson's big presents in the mail. It was the night before he was supposed to get it. What was I to do? Isn't it amazing? We get so busy going through the motions of this season that we forget to enjoy this season.
     Yesterday at church, Dad preached a sermon about not missing Christmas. Of all the people in the world at the time of Jesus' birth, the only people that came to Jesus' birth were 3 wise men and a few shepherds. Where was everyone else? Preparing for the coming Messiah perhaps? Cleaning? Doing laundry? Washing dishes? Where was everyone else? There were many people surrounding that area and only a few came to His birth.
     When we got home last night, I found the present I had thought we never received. I do not want to be one of those people who get so busy celebrating Christmas that I end up missing it. So, I got up this morning, showered, put on some make up and sat down in front of the Christmas lights in my living room. I looked at all the gifts and enjoyed the moment. My heart filled with gratitude for this wonderful season and I pledged to not miss Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)