Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Potty training... round 2

First, quick calorie counting update: Been counting calories for 2 weeks and been doing a cleanse, as well as being Vegan... gained 3 lbs! Which is about right! Moving on...

It is that time again... "What time?", you may ask. Time to potty train my son. Dum Dum Dum
Potty training my daughter almost killed me. No! I'm not joking. Literally almost killed me. It took me 18 months from the pit of the hell to train her. I have never cried so hard, screamed to loud, gotted so frusterated, been so close to loosing my ever loving mind as when I attempted to potty train Campbell. I'm actually not sure what happened. It could be a factor of several things: She wasn't ready. She didn't understand what I was doing. I wasn't ready. I didn't understand what I was doing. OR, it just might be a combination of all of the above. I almost didn't have another child just because I would have to potty train them one day. This is true. I wish I was just trying to make you laugh, but alas, I am not.

So, at first, I just thought, it's not really that big of a deal. He will eventually be potty trained. He won't go to college still needing a diaper change. However, it was in my head to just let him get it when he gets it. I mean, how badly does one actually NEED to be taught to use the bathroom in the potty? Is it truly necessary?

These are all questions that I have been dealing with for months. But, it has been brought to my attention that most children around his age are being potty trained. So, I don't want him to be left behind and yet, at the same time, I want to maintain some sort of trait of a normal person through this whole ordeal. So, yesterday, I went to Wal Mart, with an ulcer in my stomach and tears in my eyes, and bought a Thomas the Train potty seat. Then, I purchased candy and put the candy in mason jars that now sit on the back of the toilet.

If in 18 months, he is still not potty trained, this blog will be shut down and you will find me in a mental hospital seeking psychiatric attention. Prayers are valued...

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha, you are too funny Momma, yet I'm in total prayer and fasting for you... Love you lady

    ReplyDelete

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)