Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Weakness on Display

      Tough lessons are apart of life. Learning them and giving them. This weekend, I learned a very tough lesson about myself and about my weaknesses...Tonight, my son learned a tough lesson about not taking his sisters movie out of the DVD player while she is watching it.
     I understand that no matter how difficult the lessons life provides, there are only 2 responses: You can either run from it or learn from it (to borrow a line straight from the script of The Lion King). Neither of the responses to life lessons take away the pain of learning it; however, only one produces a better life.
     So, as my son and I go to sleep tonight, we will both be remembering the consequences of bad choices but as we rise tomorrow, pride still hurt and hind end still bruised, we will look forward to the day. We will wait, with anticipation, the opportunity to be faced with the same choice knowing that when given the options, we will succeed this time.

     After all, isn't that what life is made up of? Opportunities to fail or succeed...what, I wonder, when faced with a chance to put your weakness on display, will you choose to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)