Saturday, May 5, 2012

It's just baby weight...

I'm am laying bed so sore I can hardly move my legs. 
Why? You may ask. Because 4 days ago, I did a Ketlebell workout and it left me in pain even 4 days later. At the first of this year I made a decision to turn my health around and I got into a work out routine and have done a pretty good job of sticking to it. Then, 6 weeks ago today, I made another health conscious decision...I became a Vegan. Yep! You read it correctly. A Vegan.

Everything I have read about a plant based diet has been very convincing. I am trying to get into shape and get my body healthy for the first time since...well...never mind .
All of the testimonies about this way of eating were so encouraging. Everyone just said how they had boundless energy and the weight just plummeted. As you might guess, that is not what happened to me. I don't have boundless energy and I'm pretty sure that I'm teetering between an ounce and an ounce and half of weight loss. There could be a reason for this being that during the last week, i have consumed potato chips in copious amounts. Whereas potato chips do not have a mother, making them technically vegan, they do hold zero nutritional value. 

Even though there is no excuse for letting my health slide over the past few years, I have come up with several good reasons: I've been having babies. Never mind that may youngest is 2. I feel like I have gotten as many miles as "It's just baby weight" as I can. 
I am also one of those people who despises exercising with every fiber of my being. It doesn't make me feel better about myself nor does it give me energy.
Another reason is that I have kids. And everything that goes with that. For some reason, the strep throat bacteria has decided to take up residence in our family. Dr appointments, crying babies, countless nights of no sleep, more crying babies and more no sleep... That is the kind of stuff that just makes a person NEED a big bowl of mac and cheese. 
However, I choose to keep my health a priority. So, as I lay in bed, without a fever ridden child by my side for the first time in 3 weeks, I pray that we make it through the night, I catch up on and live vicariously through Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, sip on some water and drift of to enjoy some much needed sleep...So, in the name of health...I bid you goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)