Monday, May 28, 2012

The Conclusion of the Matter is This

     I woke up this morning to a decorated house, happy birthday banner, balloons and a fireplace hearth full of presents. My 2 year old son started bringing me presents while singing his rendition of the happy birthday song. I then opened gifts from my husband, kids and a great friend. Yes! It has been a great day.

     I turned 32 today and I have to say, I still like my birthday like Im 5. It is true. I love the day, love the presents, love the parties, love it all. I am pretty sure, however, that my passion for this stems from my passion about everything. I tend to have one of those personalities that dives head first into whatever it is that i am doing. This can be both a strength and a weakness. Strength in that everything i do is done to the best of my ability and gets 100%. Weakness in that sometimes i go overboard with what i say and sometimes what i do. I will say this, the parts of this that I enjoy are definately the strengths. I love not being indifferent about people, events, gifts, holidays and friends. This day would not be near as fun if I was an indifferent person.

     So,  at 32, I purpose in my heart to continue my journey to health, with all the passion I have. I will continue to follow Gods will for my life and serve our ministry with all the passion I have. I will be the best wife my husband can have and the best mother to my children with all the passion I have. I will open our home to anyone who needs it and do it with all the passion I have. At the same time, I will continue to work on my weaknesses, with all the passion I have.

     The conclusion of the matter is this, even at 32, by birthdays are still teaching me things. I wonder what next years lesson will be...


1 comment:

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)