Friday, May 25, 2012

We will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord

     This past week, in the Brooks family, has definitely been one for the record books. Some might think it challenging, tiring, maybe even unbelievable...us, however? What do we say about it? We say,

 "The peace of God which surpasses all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds in Christian Jesus." Phil 4:7

     This past week has been a very good reminder of 3 life sustaining facts:

1) God is good
     He is faithful. He is good. He is always one step ahead of us. He has us taken care of us before we know we need to be taken care of.

2) He always has a plan 
     Just because we don't know it doesn't mean He doesn't have one. His plan is perfect and will somehow end up with us benefiting. If we can ever just trust that He has a plan, then we don't have to worry about coming up with one. All we have to do is follow it. 

3) Family is a wonderful thing to have by your side
     I have always thought that my family is exceptional. We are close. We are friends. We have meals together, celebrate birthdays together and enjoy holidays together. We work together because we believe in the calling on each others lives. We laugh, cry and forgive. Yes. I have always thought us to be exceptional, however, this past week has given me a new view of family. My great grandmother created traditions that my children still participate in and as a result, we are there for each other through the good times and the difficult times. We aren't there for each other out of some sort of family obligation but because we dont want to be anywhere else. 
     Sitting back and observing our family at work, I was encouraged once again to instill in the hearts of my children the importance of family. I am reminded of a scripture, "I will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord." Psalm 78:4
     Because my great grandmother did this, my grandmother did this, then my dad did this and now it is my turn. Because I want the results, in my family, that they have in theirs, I will also. 

     Even though this has been a more challenging week than most, we will stick together, recover with grace and enjoy one more memory as a family in tact.
Even in trials, there are blessings. 
Even in fire, the Lord never leaves us. 

     No matter what situation you are facing tonight, find comfort...for this too shall pass...a lesson I learned from my family...

1 comment:

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)