Friday, July 12, 2013

Testify!

     Yesterday was an amazing day! One I am determined never to forget. Several years ago, I was diagnosed with a chronic ear disease. This disease affected the estuation tubes in the ear and their ability to equalize pressure. Long story short, there have been tubes in my ear drums to keep an opening so the pressure could equalize. When these tubes fall out, I can always tell. My ears immediately begin popping constantly to try an equalize the pressure. Everyone sounds like they are talking under water. It has been a very frustrating situation for the past 27 years.

     Last March, after watching the Forks over Knives documentary, I decided to become a Vegan for a year and see if it would help my overall health issues. One of the things that it said in the documentary was that when your body is not busy trying to break down animal proteins it can heal itself. So, I told one of my friends that I was going to see if this could work for my ears. The documentary talked a lot about people getting healed from diabetes and cancer but I thought I would test it and see if it would work for my ears.

     After the year was up this past March, I began to add chicken and got back on the dairy wagon and although I haven't had a lot of red meat, I have had some. I have paid dearly for the dairy, as always. Well, yesterday, I had my 6th month check up with the surgeon who put in this last set of tubes. These were a different type of tube and were supposed to last for several years. The right tube is still in and holding just fine however, the left tube has fallen out. When he told me that, my heart sank until I realized that I had no idea it had fallen out! NONE. No clue! There has been no hearing loss, no popping, no pain. Nothing! The tube fell out 4 - 6 weeks ago and there has been no symptom! Not one single one!

     There is only one explanation: A miracle has taken place! A full on, real life, healing miracle! All the way home I thanked the Lord. We have been believing for a miracle for the past 27 years! While on the phone with my husband, we recognized the miracle but he made the observation that the channel the Lord may have used could have been through the No Dairy! Then, when talking to my mom, she said the exact same thing. She said it was the only thing I had done differently. Last night, I began thinking about that fact. The truth is, I became a Vegan and that is what I had done differently. We began to wonder if the fact that I hadn't had dairy, therefore had not put the ears under infection for a year and the fact that my body hadn't been breaking down animal protein, had allowed my body to heal itself. Just like it said in the documentary. The longer I thought about this, the more convinced I became that this was the avenue God used to bring us our miracle.

     Of course, the devil wanted to come right in and steal this victory. Every pain I felt in my ears yesterday would make me think that what was happening wasn't actually real. The doctor did say that there was a little retraction in the left ear drum but not a lot. This could have happened because of the diary and meat I have been consuming since March.

     Anyway, today, I restart the Vegan lifestyle. The Dr wants to take a look at my ears in 2 months. Just to see what it looks like and where we are. It takes 12 weeks for the body to begin responding to the Vegan lifestyle and to begin repairing itself. I am just going to believe that the repairing that needs to take place will begin early.

     I am writing this blog today from an extremely different point of view. My heart is overwhelmed with thankfulness to the Lord for this miracle in my life. I am so thankful that I had the discipline to give this lifestyle a try for a year and that I am now reaping the benefits from this. I am so thankful that I just HAD to testify!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)