Monday, February 11, 2013

Trying harder is not enough...

     Ahhhh, it's just a never ending, constant battle of ups and downs, disappointments and confusion. You may be thinking that I'm talking about parenting or even marriage but at this moment, it is the other struggle in my life...

     I have been eating Vegan, of course, upped my work out. I have started jogging. That's right, jogging! It's shocking. I am getting better at it every single day I do it. For some horrid reasoning, I stepped on the scale, again... much to my dismay, I have gained ANOTHER 3 lbs. What is with this!!!! So in the last 2 weeks, I have gained 6 lbs. So wonderful. I cannot tell you how happy that makes me.

     I have decided that it doesn't matter how hard I try, I always have to try harder. I am just one of those people that has to work hard at health. It just doesn't come easy for me. I am afraid that I will be like that for the rest of my life. Have no idea why it happens that way. Why some people can just cut out cokes and lose 25 pounds. While others cut out sugar and drop 6 dresses sizes. Come on! I can cut out everything but fruit smoothies, start jogging and gain 6 pounds! I know I'm not the only one. It just sometimes feels like that.

     Here is the frustration: I have never been healthier. Really, never in my life been healthier. What is going on inside my body, for some reason, won't translate to the outside of my body. I don't know why. I have talked to a few people and gotten some different opinions. One explanation is that even though I'm eating healthier, I am not eating what my blood type requires. Another explanation is that I have a food allergy to several different kinds of foods that is causing me to swell. I have had my thyroid tested and it is fine. Which is a catch 22 all in itself. I don't want a Thyroid problem because I don't want to be on medicine for the rest of my life, however, I would love and explanation.

     I am not about to fall off the wagon. I am still eating Vegan. I have had too many health results to not eat that way. Dairy is absolute poison in my system and to my sinus'. This is know for sure! I do have a resolve to work harder at my weight. No matter what, I am Moving On. I am not counting calories. Until I have time and money to visit a Nutritionist, I am doing the last thing that worked with my weight. Of course, counting calories the past 2 days, I realize how much I am eating. It's shocking really. I think I may have an overeating issue. I hate to admit that. I can have so many wonderful foods in the Vegan lifestyle but it is true, too much of anything is not good. Sometimes, it's just too much.

     I do not like to come clean with my struggles. It is embarrassing to admit that something is not working for me or that something is not going as planned, however, I do know that I am not alone in this. Weight loss and the quest for health is something that lots of people deal with on a meal by meal basis. No matter how disappointed you may find yourself, please don't give up. Make up your mind to do what it takes. It may never get easier. That is just something that you have to be ok with. Make up your mind to work at it, find the problems and make the necessary changes.

I have no idea when it will be, but one day, I will see the results I have worked so hard to achieve. We both will...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)