Sunday, January 13, 2013

Person In Progress

     I am pretty sure that I have already covered a few points that I'm going to make in this blog but bear with me... it all ties together...

     Every year, the first Sunday of the New Year, our church gets our theme for they. A direction, if you will. Such a smart concept if you ask me because if you do not know where you going, how will you ever get there? That being said, this years theme is Move On. Last years theme was Moving Forward... it is here that I would like to begin:

     Last year, it was time for me to Move Forward in my health. I was tired of making resolutions and promises to myself. I was disappointed in myself every New Years Eve when I was the same as the previous New Years Eve. Well, this year, I did it. I Moved Forward. I did what it took to get my health under control. If you have followed my blog at all, you know the journey I have been on during this past year. It hasn't all been easy but I've stayed on course and in March, I will reach my original destination. In other words, I feel as though I have this part conquered. Now, obviously, I can always do better. Chips are not technically an animal based product but they are not considered healthy either. Same with white flour, which is in bread, which I love so very much... So, there are always ways to improve my eating habits, but, as far as getting it under control, I am there.

     So when my dad began talking about Moving On, I started thinking about what that meant for me. For so long, I went around and around the "wishing I was eating better" mountain. I finally took a road and quit the Merry Go Round. Whereas I am thrilled with that choice and the progress I have made, I can't stop there. I must Move On. Although, I could ride the success of this past year for years to come, I still must Move on. The mountain that I have been going around and around is the exercise mountain. I have wished, for years, that I had a good work our routine. I have wanted to be someone who loves to work out and feels so good about it but no matter what I do, I don't. I don't love to work out. I don't love the way it makes me feel. I don't like being sore or tired. I don't have boundless energy because of it. Yep. I'm one of those people.

     Here we go. I have decided that even though I am thrilled with the results of last year, I must Move On. So, I am exercising. Yes. There is it. I am exercising. I have found this blog has become an accountability for me. If I put it out there, then I am more likely to do it. Last week, I began my routine. Monday, Wednesday and Fridays, I am doing a Kettle Bell work out, (which I loath). It does come Dr recommended so that is why I am doing that for my weight training. Well, the Kettle Bell leaves my muscles resembling jelly and in a lot of pain. I can't walk, I can't take a deep breath, I'm sweating from places that one shouldn't be sweating from. It's just not fun. In order to "take a break" from that horrible experience 3x a week, I thought it would be a much better idea to do Pilates on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's much more relaxing, much slower. It would be an easier work out to do. Well, I was mistaken... O yes! I did the first day of Pilates and actually thought I was going to perish. I felt muscles in my stomach I didn't know I had. The people on the video are so calm and peaceful. I was shaking. I looked like I was having a seizure trying to hold those positions. What's up with that? Needless to say, I have completed a week of Moving On and I am in so much pain, I can barely type this blog. Allow me to say this: Even though I hate exercising with a passion, I am glad that I am doing it. No, I guess that's not true... what I'm glad about is that I am on my way to taking a road I have never travelled. 

    Here is the lesson: No matter how good I am doing in one area, there are always other areas that require attention. Anyone can conquer a single area, what about the others that are in just as much need? I can either live off of a single success or I can add more to my list. No matter what I have conquered or what I choices I have made, I am always a Person In Progress.

    

1 comment:

  1. congratulations on 2012 success and thanks for sharing this. A Person in Progress has inspired me as did your dads message today. Look forward to hearing more

    ReplyDelete

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)