Friday, January 18, 2013

A Couple of Huge Mistakes...

Well, I have terrific news! Simply Terrific! I stepped on the scale this morning...keep in mind that I have been working out every day for the past 2 weeks. Alternating Pilates and Kettle Bell to maintain a good balance of strength training and cardio...I have also been concentrating hard on what I eat. I have cut way down on white flour and sugar. Ok...back to my original statement....I have terrific news! I stepped on the scale and received the great news that I have gained 2 pounds!
That's right! GAINED 2 POUNDS!!!! So exciting! I'm so glad that all my hard work is paying off! I'm so glad that the women on both of the videos kept telling me I was doing a good job and promised me that I would see results.
I am not jumping off the wagon so don't feel the need to tell me to keep going. I am keeping going. I was just reminded why it is that I don't get on the scale. Before the run in with the scale, I hadn't stepped on the scale since November... I was reminded why!
In all honesty, I am very glad that my journey has not been about weight... I have said it from the beginning, it's about health and I have and continue to achieve that.
On another note: Mainly because I'm done talking about the devastation that is every single run in with the scale.
Tonight, I was eating at On The Border, which is delicious, but just listen to this story: I ordered Olivia and Campbell a cheese enchilada with rice and I ordered myself an avocado enchilada with black beans and rice and no cheese. When the order came, the girls plates had cheese quesadillas. I pointed it out to the waitress and she apologized and quickly took our tray back to correct the order. When she brought the plates back, it was a cheese enchilada but they were covered in a spicy chili sauce. I told her that I would scrape off the chili sauce so she wouldn't have to take the tray back if she would bring back the cheese sauce that is supposed to go over the top. She did. So I was there scraping the chili sauce off the top of both enchilada's. After they were cleaned, I poured the correct sauce over the top. She then put my plate in front of me. The beans on my plate were refried and covered in cheese. 
I just couldn't send back one more thing so I just made sure I wasn't charged for the change in beans since I didn't get them and I pushed the beans and deadly cheese to the side of my plate. The waitress, God love her, was so sorry for all of the mix ups and I was sitting at the table wondering what in the world had just happened. Have you ever found yourself in one of those moments? Something so strange is happening to you and you are just sitting there wondering to yourself, "What is happening right now?" That was me... I couldn't believe what was going on. Everything that I had ordered was delivered to my table incorrectly prepared. Once again,  I found my self in one of those moments that's hard to explain to people. 

OK... Moving on...

Well, that was my day. First, the disappointment of the scale episode then the confusion of the dinner, yep, it was another day in my life. As usual, I have learned something from these moments...

Never step on the scale
And
Be careful what you order! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)