Monday, September 24, 2012

Broken Hand and Gratitude

     Well, you may be wondering why I haven't blogged in a while. Or, maybe the thought hasn't crossed your mind! Either way, the reason for my absence is 2 fold:

1) We have had a very busy week here! Our ministry is always busy but there are exceptional times of the year. Last week was one of them. We had "Think Like A Christian Week". We had different speakers every night, it was AMAZING!!!! I learned so much about how to think about our country. It was awesome.
2) I broke my right hand! Yes! True Story! Broke it!

     I was loading food into the back of my car and I just got going too fast. I tripped on my flip flop coming up the stairs through our back door. My right hand swung into the door frame and BAM! Broken! I almost threw up the pain was so intense. But! I didn't. In fact, I sucked it up and delievered my food! Broken hand and all. Mike said that we needed to get it X-Rayed, BUT, it was Monday night of "Think Week". I am in the band and was singing every night. We had to be on the stage on 6:00 and it was 4:40. So, I told Mike that I just didn't have time to do that. It would have to wait. He informed me that I would have to change my plans. So, because I have been doing what he has told me to do for the past 20 years, I did.
     We found a Quick Care clinic in town so we decided to go there instead of the ER! I asked the Lord to help us get in and out. We walked in the front door and low and behold! We were the ONLY ones there! I was seen, erayed and splinted in 15 min! I missed being in the band that night but we didn't miss ONE SINGLE WORD of the speaker! Who, by the way, is one of the most amazing speaekers I have EVER heard. I could listen to this man speak the phone book!
     Anyway, I broke my right hand, which means that I had to take a break from writting. Sad Day! Kelle found me an amazing dictation program to use while I am recovering and so far it seems to be getting the job done!

     I am always amazed when a part of my body is injured, how much I realize that I use that injured part of my body. I mean, I know that I use my right hand but seriously? This is ridiculous! Cutting vegetables, changing diapers, squeezing shampoo bottles, brushing teeth, putting on make up... all tasks which I usually take for granted... not so much any more!

     Like most things that happen in my life, I have learned a very valuable lesson here! I am attempting to go through my days noticing the smallest of things that I used to not appreciate. It is my prayer that you will not have to break to something valuable to learn to slow down and appreciate the little thing that make life enojyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)