Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Finishing Strong, Saying Goodbye and Moments of Weakness...

     So! It's been a while... I'm sorry about that. I love blogging. It's one of my favorite things but I just got a little busy... with what? you may ask.

     We finished out the best summer of camp yet! The sessions were amazing and the campers were even better. I also said good bye to the most amazing staff who had become apart of my family. This took me a week to recover from. When they leave, the ranch is so quiet and my house feels so empty in comparison. Then, 3 days after camp was over, Campbell had her tonsils and adniods removed. Nothing says, "Rest up from a hard summer at camp" like a 5 year old coming out of surgery. It has been challenging to say the very least.

     I tend to struggle with compasion and patience as a general whole so the Lord has been working that in me these past several days. The reason I am able to finally blog about it is because I feel like we have finally turned a corner. Albeit, very small corner but still a corner non the less! At this point I will take whateve I can get.

     I am happy to say, also, that I made it all the way through camp maintaining my Vegan lifestyle. Praise God. If you have been to camp at all you know that is an accomplishment in and of itself considering that camp food is not necessarily Vegan. But I did it! I did not have time to cook meals so I had to take what I had time to get which wasn't always healthy or even considered Alive food. And, if I'm being honest, I considered in a brief moment of weakness, to give up my Vegan lifestyle and opt for a calorie counting lifestyle instead. However, I did not. The next day, after my momentary lapse of correct thinking, I got in my car, drove to town and stocked up on Vegan food. With my pantry stocked and a new book in hand, I recommitted my journey. I promised myself a year and that is what I'm going to do. March 28th, 2013 will be one year of being Vegan. I will make it there no matter what! I have found that keeping myself educated on the matter give renewed vision so I have bought a new book written by Queen Vegan herself, Kathy Freeston. It's called The Lean. It's fantastic for anyone wanted to slowly start leaning toward a healthier lifestyle. I have already done most of the tips in the book however, once again, I am learning why I am doing them.

     Anyway, that is my life as of now and I'm glad I could catch up with you. With my daughter starting Kindergarten, Leaders Academy beginning, the fall on it's way and Christmas Play soon to follow, I will have lots to blog about. So, until the next time we meet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)