Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sweat, Dust and Proverbs 31...

     Yes! It is camp time again! Once again I find myself sitting at my vanity, putting make up on that will sweat off by council ring, brushing through hair that a golf cart ride will turn into a matted mess and trying to assemble and outfit that goes with red... Ahhh yes! It is camp again. In case you don't know, I am one of 3 camp directors that run Brookhill. My counterparts are 2 males. Do you have ANY idea what a man has to do to look presentable enough to run a kids summer camp? Shorts, T-shirt that has been laying on the floor, a hat or a run through of the hair with the fingers and they are good to go. That's it! That's All! Add in the brushing of the teeth and the kissing of the kids and wife and you have about a 10, possibly 15 minute process. From asleep to presentable...SO NOT FAIR!!!
    
     For me to look presentable enough to run a kids camp, I have to shower, shave, apply conditioner to manage my hair, base to cover the uneven scary skin tones, powder to smooth, blush and lipstick to look... well... ALIVE! Eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara... then comes the daunting task of clothing! What should I wear... this is as much as a neverending question as What should I eat! Is it too low? It is too tight? Will it feel to tight after 30 minutes of Council Ring? Is it too short? Will it make me sweat more than I should?
    
     Speaking of sweat... lets's just go there... Guys...when they sweat, it looks natural. They are suppossed to sweat. It looks manly. Like they have really been working hard. Guys can wear it well. Girls, on the other hand... or just me... I sweat from the top of my head! O yes! The top of my head. Which is lovely! So, after just a few moments out in the sun, my hair looks like I have just stepped out of shower. It's not pretty to say the least. Here I am, trying to be as cool as my male counterparts, attempting to be the perfect image of a beautiful Proverbs 31 woman, sweating from my head! Awesome! I am suppossed to be clothed in fine linen... Linen! Can you think of anything worse at a time like this? Maybe the dust from the horseback road sticking into my wet from sweat hair... Ok! That might be worse than linen.
    
     So, it is with a final resolve that I sit at my vanity, wrapping up an hours worth of beauty products just to look natural and thrown together, I am reminded of the roles of men and women. In this case, no matter how long my make up lasts, how wet my clothes are by the end of the day, how dripping with sweat my scalp may be... I can honestly say, it is the thought that counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)