Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What I learn from Rainy Days

Today, it is raining... was when I woke up, has all day and still is right now. Unlike most people, I acutally enjoy the rain. LOVE the rain. My mom always says it's because I'm depressed... I'm not depressed but until this moment, had no idea why I liked this gloomy, overcast, rainy weather.
Allow me to share with you my recent "Ah Ha" (thanks Oprah) moment:

Rain make everything slow down.
That's it. That is the reason why I like it so much. Our lives have become instantly fast. Fast Food, microwave dinners, high speed internet, airplanes instead of covered wagons, speed dating...you get the picture.
When it rains, it makes everything slow down. Travelling down the road is at a slower pace, rushing the kids to get dressed and out the door is slower. I have even found that my eyes blink slower when it rains!

In this fast paced, high energy world, I pray that today, you take time to cook a meal for family. A meal that showed thought, care and love. That you take time to enojoy a hot bath. That you take time to sit with your children and watch a cartoon.

Slow down today and see what you can learn from the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)