Thursday, October 21, 2010

Join Me.... Won't You?

Today, I met with the students at Christian Ministries Academy about this years Christmas play. It was a great first day! The best feeling about the whole thing is that the play is written. I would like to say that the hard part is over but that is not the case. It was diffcult getting it from my head to paper but now, the challenge is getting from the paper into the kids heads... hummm... such a switch and yet involving the same parts....
This sums up most of my life. Just when I finish one task there is another one waiting to be started. It is so difficult for me to find enjoyment in the completion of one job before I feel the push to tackle the next. For those of you who suffer from the severe choloric personality type you understand what I'm saying. You are the type of person who stays awake at night thinking up new ideas, new way to make money and most of all, new ways to improve everything you have experienced earlier that day. We are the ultra controlling. The ridiculously perfect. I honestly haven't decided if this is good thing or a bad thing to tell you the truth. I am leaning more toward a bad thing... the major weakness of this type of personality is that I expect perfection in every area of my life and from every person in my life... the house has to be perfect ALL THE TIME! The kids have to be perfect. Every job I undertake must be done just right or not done at all. I find myself striving to acheive perfection and at the end of the day, when I stop to sit for a moment, I realize that, although I may have acheieved perfection, I don't remember any of it.
There was no laughter, no fun, no new memories made... it was just another day of working hard to make what's in my head a reality then moving on to the next challenge.
Light Bulb Moment
Life is what it is and it is meant to be enjoyed. What does it really matter if everything is done perfectly? Truth? It doesn't. It will all get done at some point... Does it really matter if the house is in perfect shape at all times? Nope... not at all. We live in this house and it is here for our enjoyment not to give me an ulcer.  Am I a bad parent if my kids aren't on the same level as other children their age? No way! Every child is different and develops a their own rate.

I choose to take a break from giving myself a nervous breakdown... Join Me.... won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)