Friday, September 24, 2010

Not my Will...

Most of the time, we pray for God to answer prayers but when we pray we are specific. "God, please do this or that... Please give me this... please heal this... please save so and so" and on and on we pray. But how often do we pray, "Lord, not my will but Yours"? When the Lord looks at our lives, He doesn't see the right now and the later... but He sees it all at once. What's more important than that... He already knows what we need BEFORE we ask Him. So if that's true... then it is more profitable for us to spend out time truly praying that His will be done. It seems like if we pray any thing else... we are wasting our breath and His time.
So Lord tonight... for my husband, for my family, for my friends, for my children and for myself... Not my will but Yours be done!
Amen

1 comment:

  1. I agree...somewhat...but I also believe that He wants us to know His will and speak those things that are not as though they were and call it into being. In Scripture He tells us: "I would above all things that you be in health and prosper, even as your soul prospers." That is His will for us. Knowing this, we know how to pray His will.

    ReplyDelete

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)