Sunday, August 1, 2010

Life: In Circular Motion....

So I just said goodbye to another All Summer Staff group... It was, as always, heart wrenching! On the way to the banquet I told my husband that after so many of these, one would think that I would be used to it by now... but indeed... I am not. Every year there are those people that penetrate my heart and at the end of every summer, it's like a part of me is walking away.
I guess, in a strange way, a part of me is walking away. Here is the real kicker...
In a few weeks, LA kids will be showing up on our doorstep. We will allow them in our homes and hearts and in 10 months after their arrival into our lives, they will always leave with part of my heart in tow. Then, a few weeks after that, the Brookhill Staff comes back and thus the circular motion of life continues.
As I was pondering this concept today as the counselors trickled in and out of my home to get their last hugs goodbye, part of me wished that I didn't feel so heartbroken. There was a part of me that wished I would get used to this routine... but then... there was another part of me that was happy that I still felt this way after so many years of doing this.
If there is no emotion in life, then what is it that makes life enjoyable? The people in my life is what makes me a very rich woman. The joy these counselors give me and the love I'm able to give them is what makes everything worth while. If you take away the emotion... what is left? 
People names when what I should have been after was their heart! 
So... whatever circular motion life has you travelling in... travel on my dear friends... travel on... 

1 comment:

  1. so true, Mom, so true.

    enjoy this time between cycles (that sounds weird, but you know what I mean). :)

    ReplyDelete

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)