Monday, June 28, 2010

Systematic WHAT?

Ok... So I did take Campbell to the doctor... on the way there she started vometing in the car and because she is potty trained, I don't carry a bag with me anymore. So I had nothing! I mean NOTHING to help my child. It was a pickle I will never be in again and I have to say, very unlike me to be so unprepared... Anyway, I had to pull over the gas station and get some wipes, my husband grabbed some things from the house and met me at the doctor's office. When we got in the room, her fever was at 103! They brought us tylenol and motrin and told her to take them both. The doctor looked at her and said she has broken blood vessels in the roof of her mouth and they had formed blood pockets, she was developing a rash all over body and the vometing was due to the high fever and the fact that her throat was almost swollen shut. YES! True story I tell you. She had Systematic Strep. It was basically the strep throat infection but all over her system. The infection was so bad that no oral antibiotic could combat it so they had to give her a shot of straight penicillin in her leg. The next few nights were rough but last night, she finally slept through the night! Unbelievable! This mothering thing is NOT for faint of heart. Praise the Lord for the His Word and the Holy Spirit... and sister in laws! My sister in law Melody was down here for the week and she was an amaizing help to me and took care of Carson.
I expect this week to go much better! Camp is still going well despite the family situation we all face. God's grace is sufficient... Thanks for all your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Praise God she's alright! I feel your pain in being caught with nothing - been there done that once also and never again! Wish I would have known so I could have prayed.

    ReplyDelete

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)