Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Friends and Cake!

So, last night, one of my best friends in the world threw me a birthday party at her house. She had "30" themed everything. We had the most delicious burgers and hot dogs every plus she spent the afternoon making me the most beautiful birthday cake I've here had.
Our children played in the swimming pool and on the swing set while we sat around and visited and ate. Campbell and Carson both were so good last night and that is a fact I was very grateful for.

Even though I'm turning 30, I have to say, I'm glad to be out of my 20's. I really didn't care for that decade that much. Now, granted, I did get married to my best friend and have 2 of the most wonderful children on the planet during that decade but never the less, I'm glad I'm able to start a new chapter in my life.
I feel the richest I've ever felt in my life at this point. I'm grateful for my friends, I'm grateful for my husband and children, my family and my church.

I had such a great time last night and it got me thinking... as I was looking around at the people who I love and people who love me, that's all, in life, that really makes one rich. The people in it.
So, I have made a resolution to go into my 30's with a new attitude of thankfulness. My heart is full...
I love my friends, family and cake!
My cup runeth over...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)