Thursday, May 20, 2010

Camp in Full Swing...

In honor of camp coming our way, I decided to write this blog in red. I love camp and always have, however, several things have changed for me as I go into this summer. I have realized one small factor about myself that I am praying the Lord grow me in, I am not really great with kids. Go figure. College age, sure, the camp staff, absolutly, but kids... not my gifting. I have realized that is a fact that can no longer exist.


So, this summer, as I stand in front of the staff with a fresh off the printer new pile of staff training notes in hand, I challenge them as well as myself. I have been typing feverishly between the diaper changes, bottle feedings and strawberry shortcake reruns, redoing ALL of my staff training lectures.


I teach one session on How to sell your activity. Well, it is my revelation that campers dont come for our activities... so why do I spend a whole hour on how to sell it? Campers come for our staff. So, that being said, everything is changing!


For the first time in several years, I have a new vision. I feel as though I have a direction. For myself as well as our Staff.


I look forward to blogging about the summer and the same things God has been doing for the last 40+ years in a whole new way. Keep us in your prayers as we connect with every camper who walks through our doors. Pray that they find a home here at Brookhill. That is what this ranch has been and will always be... a home to anyone who needs it!





Nothing to do with camp but so cute pic!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lynlee!!! Camp! I miss it!! I love it!!! And I love you and I love that God has given you a fresh vision for this summer. I'm excited to know you will be blogging a bit about it, maybe it can just give me a bit of a taste of that wonderful place that has such a special place in my heart. Excited for you and with you about this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Kate Darbonne Dawson... a camper/counselor from oh 60 years ago (I'm a close friend of Courtney Jordan James).
    Your children are just beautiful!! I have son and daughter too! My blog is daytodaydawsons.blogspot.com

    God Bless you! Don't worry the whole "not good with kids" thing. His power is made perfect in your weakness.

    ReplyDelete

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)