Monday, April 19, 2010

Stealing away Moments

So my daughter is sick today. What a horrible day for her and for me. I think seeing your children sick is way worse on you than it is on them. Seeing you child helpless and knowing there is nothing you can do help them... so sad. I have to say that, once again, I am thankful for the Holy Spirit. This morning when she called my name to come get her out of bed, I had a feeling that the day would have us ending up in the doctor's office and sure enough it did. I am not sure how mother's mother without the Holy Spirit and it's guidance. So I sit here, with my computer on my lap, hence fulfilling the reasoning behind the name, laptop... with Dancing with the Stars playing on the TV, my daughter wrapped in a Tinkerbell blanket I bought her as a get well gift and my son finally asleep on my bed. A moment of peace in an otherwise unpeaceful day. I thank God for these moments. Though they are only moments before one of them wakes up and "hectic" starts all over again.... I feel strangely reguvinated. So, to all mothers out there who are stealing away moments of your own... may the Lord grant you with peace, wisdom and strength as you go about doing the most important job on earth... raising babies!

1 comment:

  1. Lynlee-
    So glad that I came across your blog. Your children are beautiful and you are stunning! I will enjoy keeping up with you through your blog. I must say I loved that you told the sweet new mom to be to read a novel! Excellent suggestion. I do miss reading for fun since I entered the magnificent world of Mommyhood.
    I also enjoy blogging...mostly it just keeps far away grandparents updated on how their little guys are growing way out here in Washington. You can check us out at www.thelewallens.blogspot.com
    Happy Blogging, my friend!
    God bless!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)