Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Empty Toy Boxes

So today I was sitting on the couch feeding my 2 month old his bottle and looking around at all the things I could be getting done if I were not sitting here feeding my 2 month old his bottle. It was exhausting... the look of the house I mean. I started noticeing the empty toy box in my daughter's room. There was also empty cupboards where the contents of 9 wal mart sacks full of groceries sitting on my counter belonged. The cabnets were empty because the dishwasher was full and the washer and dryer were empty because the stack of dirty clothes was still sitting in the basket. Hummm... Yes indeed. All the things I could get done if I didn't have to feed him or get her chocolate milk or give them baths or change their diapers... the longer I sat there staring at my house in total shambles, I realized something very important. Of all the things I could be getting done, I was doing the one thing I was put on this planet to do. Be my children's mother! Somehow, in that same moment, the empty toy box, the empty cabnets and cupboards, the silent washer and dryer became a blessing. All of those empty places in my house reminded me how full my life is. What a full life it is indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)