Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Happy Birthday, Carson!

Five years ago today, God made me a mom to a son and by doing so, He answered all of my prayers. Carson Brooks McMillan has been the biggest blessing of my life.
He brings joy to every room he walks in to.  He smiles with his whole face and I love that. He is the definition of funny and happy. 
He loves his sister and always has. They have a  special bond that is so fun to watch. I love hearing them laugh and wrestle. But my most favorite thing to hear is their prayers at night when they thank God for giving them each other. No one prepared me for things like this.
  

He has filled my heart with so much joy it is hard to put into words.                                                                          



He has always loved music and every single day he fills our home with praise and worship. He calls it church. He goes into my bathroom, shuts the door and plays drums on the ottoman. He usually plays the set list from the last church service we had. Just this week, he held a private church service for me and him. He was the worship leader and the preacher. It was one of the best sermons I have ever heard. He can often be heard singing, "How He loves us O. He Loves us, O how He loves us." Hearing our baby boy sing praises the Lord at such a young age does more for this Momma's heart than I could every put into words.

I cannot believe that 5 years has gone by. Seeing that smile every single day is on of my most favorite things in the whole world. He is one of my favorite people and I am blessed to be his Mom. I thank God for the opportunity to have His angel in my home. Happy birthday to the little boy who is the answer to all of my prayers. Thank you, Lord, for choosing to give Carson to us 5 years ago. What a gift he is.





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)