Friday, November 22, 2013

Catching Up



Well, it seems like my blog has taken another hit due to my schedule. It's not because I don't want to blog nor is it because I have nothing to say (shocker). I have found myself writing a lot for several others things that my blog just seems to get  left behind. However, I am here to catch up.
Since we last visited, Campbell has been doing wonderfully in school. She has gone on a couple of field trips with her class and they were both so much fun.  




 

 We went to the crystal mines and the pumpkin patch. Both were a lot of fun. She is so animated and just like me so everything she does is a lot of fun.
She has fun in everything she does. That makes like a lot of fun with her.
 
The Christmas play has been all consuming also! I have been writing it since June so to see it coming together is so rewarding. Right now, I'm in the middle of band auditions. The cast has been set and the stage has been drawn. We are moving it right along!
 
One of the funest things I have done was go to the Legislative Conference in Dallas, Tx.

I haven't been anywhere by myself in I'm not sure how long. Everyday was packed full of amazing speakers and every night was a fancy dinner. I have never experienced such service! The wait staff found out that I didn't eat meat and they made me my own dish. It was unbelievable!
Dad spoke during the nights and I sold his CD's at his CD table. It was so much fun! I loved the break from my "normal" life, to say the least.


 
Just like all good things, they come to an end. However, on my way back, I found a In N Out! The first time I ate at an In N Out was in California. I love California and so seeing  the In N Out was a good surprise for me! Of course, I didn't get the burger but the Diet Coke was fantastic!!!!

 
 
As of right now, I am enjoying the last few minutes of fall before Christmas descends on us! Turkey Day Retreat is just around the corner as is the Christmas Play so we are as busy as ever!
 
I just love this time of year. I love fire in the fire place, hot tea, fall tree and family time. I love the leaves that blow across the street. I love the way my house smells when my candles are lit. I love the secrets that this season keeps. I love the music and Hallmark movies. I love drizzling rain and overcast days. This is a beautiful season and I love every single minute of it.
It is my prayer that as I enter into the whole Holiday Season, from Thanksgiving to Christmas, that I never loose sight of why I celebrate. It's because of Jesus and His grace, mercy and forgiveness.
I have so much to be thankful for but I will save those for another post.
 
No matter how you spend this wonderful time of the year, I pray that you enjoy every single minute of it! It's mean to be enjoyed!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)