Monday, December 31, 2012

Let's Recap This...

     As I sit down to write my last blog of 2012, I am overwhelmed by the events of this past year. It was this time last year that I made a commitment to get my health under control. For the first time, in years worth of New Year's Resolutions, I kept it! I am so grateful that I am not starting from
 the beginning, which is where I have found myself the previous several years. I am the healthiest I have ever been, I haven't had a sinus infection since June. If you know me AT ALL, you know that is a huge miracle in and of itself. We are talking water into wine type of miracle here. I have already gone through the results of the blood work so I won't go through that again however, for those of you who have missed it, my blood work results are amazing... as far as the weight loss, I haven't been on the scale in 2 months. I was finding that every day I stepped on the scale and didn't loose was a day that I was becoming disappointed in myself and in my efforts. Which is ridiculous. Weight loss was not the goal. The goal was health and I have achieved that and am still working to achieve that. I was no longer going to allow myself to be disappointed with my efforts. I have made the biggest change in my life, for my health that I have ever made. I am proud of what I have done, the choices that I have made, the discipline that I have exercised and results that I have gotten.

     Another change that I have made this year is I have learned to eliminate things that steal my peace. A couple of Christmas' ago, my mom spoke at our Ladies Christmas Dinner at our church. She spoke about getting rid of things that steal your peace. It took me a while to learn what that meant, identify the things that were stealing my peace and apply the concept to my life. However, this year, I did all of those things. It's amazing how much peace I had once I learned to subtract the things that added up to chaos. I do not have a picture for that however, you can just take my word for it.

     My children's health is another area that I commissioned myself to get a hold of. Campbell had strep throat 6 times since August 2011 and we were in and out of the doctor with Carson. Well, I changed their eating habits, had Campbell's tonsils taken out and have experienced a significant increase in their health ever since.

     The theme for our church for this past year was Moving Forward. Most New Years Eve, I make a ton of resolutions and make up my mind to follow each one of them then sit alone on the following News Year Eve haven't accomplished one of them. This is a very different New Years Eve for me. I did move forward! What a feeling this is.
    
     This evening, I sit in a very clean house, French onion soup simmering on the stove, a hot fire in the fireplace, snow on the ground outside, a cold rain falling from a light grey sky, a husband that I adore sitting to my left and my 2 healthy children watching Toy Story in the next room...this has been a great year. I look forward to 2013 and sitting on my couch this time next year, writing about the obstacles I overcame and conquered.

 I pray that you are able to do the same... Happy New Year!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs (You Should Read Them)